School of Information Systems
IS305: Enterprise Web Solutions
Personalization and Internationalization in SharePoint
SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY
SCHOOL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS
IS305 – Enterprise web solutions
The objective of this exercise is to learn the SharePoint Personalization and Internationalization features.
Part 1: Personalization includes:
1. My Home (Personal View of a user)
▪ User Profiles
▪ Personal Site Page (“My Home” and “My Profile”) 2. My Profile (Shared view of a user by other users)
3. Create Audience.
Part 1: Personalization
For Personalization feature, you will be using 3 users as the owner of the site. The credentials details are as follows: Please refer to this whenever you are asked to enter the respective username and password. |USERNAME |PASSWORD | |Administrator OR system Account |pa55w0rd | |sharon |s (small letter) | |mok |m (small letter) |
Note: These accounts have already been created on your local machine as a Windows account. You can view all the local accounts by going to Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Local Users and Groups, and clicking on the Users icon.)
Step 1 Create Web Application
• You need to create a new Web application on port 8083 using Sharepoint central Administration. You can use lab 1 as reference to create web application. Step 2 Create a Teamsite Site
• Create a new Teamsite site referring to Lab 3 on Pages 1-2. Since the images on the Terminals are redeployed, so it doesn’t have any sites collection.
My Home Page
User Profiles and Personalization
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 extends the collaboration features by allowing site members to take advantage of user profile and personalization features that help site members better manage their personal view of the portal, make connections with other members, and view content targeted directly to them. The My Site personal portal gives the member the following:
• My Profile: A page that displays public properties of the member's user profile along with documents and links the member wishes to share. The layout for the My Profile page is the same for all site members. • My Home: The site member's private home page of his or her personal site. The personal site is a full-fledged WSS site where the user is the site owner. As site owner, the user can grant other users access to subsites, Web Part pages, and other content the member adds to the personal site.
In the following section, we will create a subsite for the Human Resource, Asia-Pacific region.
1. Open the SMU Portal top-level site http://winserver2003:8083/sites/SMU/default.aspx
Note: Skip step 2. Go to step 3.
2. Close the StudentData web part added during Lab 3 exercise in week 3.
1. You are currently logged in as “administrator”. Now, change the current user to “sharon” by following the following steps.
2. Click on “Welcome System Account” at the top-right corner. Select Sign in as Different User.
3. Enter the sharon credentials as mentioned below.
|User name: |sharon |
| Password: |s (small s) |
4. You are now logged in as user sharon. The line at the top part of the web page shows your current account:
5. Click “Site Actions” at the top right hand corner of the page. Click “Create”
6. Under the Web Pages column, click “Sites and...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document