- “Virgin is about doing things that really work, not just looking the parts. We are passionate about running our businesses as well as we can, which means treating our customers with respects, giving them good value and high quality and making the whole process as much fun as it can be.”—Richard Branson, Chairman
- Virgin Group is diversified grouping of more than 200 privately held companies. It included Virgin Atlantic Airways, Virgin Holidays, Virgin Rail, Virgin Retail Group, Virgin Direct, Virgin Cola,etc.
- Virgin Trains operated the West Coast train franchise since 1997
- Virgin Rail Group is owned 51% by Virgin Group and 49% by Stagecoach
- It was initially successful in winning 2 rail franchises : InterCity West Coast(Virgin West Coast) and InterCity CrossCountry(Virgin CrossCountry)
- In 2007, the CrossCountry franchise was lost to Arriva Group, except services between Manchester and Scotland which went to First Transpennine Express, and those between Birmingham and Scotland went to Virgin West Coast.
- In 1997, Virgin place the largest rolling-stock order in British history with new Class 390 Pendolino 140 mph tilting trains for the West Coast Main Line Network.
- In March 2010, number of radio or pre-recorded music channels was replaced by on-board WiFi provided by T-mobile.
- In 2010, It was named Best Rail Operator of the Year and in 2009, was voted Best UK Domestic Train Service
- Virgin Trains West Coast franchise will expire on 31 March 2012 and going to apply for a 2 years extension.
- 1968: Richard Branson produces the first issue of Student magazine.
- 1970: Branson forms a firm called Virgin, which begins as a mail-order record company.
- 1973: Branson forms record label Virgin Records.
- 1977: Virgin Records signs the Sex Pistols to a recording contract.
- 1984: Virgin...