TRUANCY AMONG UTM STUDENTS
2. Background information
* A serious disciplinary problem and common among university students. * May result in an ineligibility to graduate or to receive credit for the class attended.
3. Statement of Problem
* The rate of truancy among UTM students is on the rise orvery high * Students are absent from classes due to few reasons but they will be considered absent if reasons given are not valid such as waking up late and no transport. * There are causes and effects.
* To investigate the seriousness of the problem
* To identify the causes of truancy among UTM students
* To find the effects of truancy to the students
* To recommend solutions to the problems of truancy among UTM students 5. Research Questions
* How serious is the problem of truancy among students?
* Why do students play truant from class?
* What are the effects of truancy to students?
* What can be done to solve the problem?
6. Significance of the study
* Findings will help UTM to minimize the problems
* UTM students will not be absent from classes without valid reasons.
* Truancy problems in UTM
* Respondents are UTM students
8. Methodology for data collection
* Primary data
* Secondary data
9. Work schedule
10. Call to action
Permission to proceed with the research.
Work Schedule (Gantt chart)
ACTIVITIES| Week2| Week3| Week4 & 5| Week6| Week8| Week9| Week12| Week13| Week15| Identifying Topic of Research| | | | | | | | | |
Preparing & Presenting Proposal for Research| | | | | | | | | | Discussing & Designing Research Instruments| | | | | | | | | | Collecting Data through Primary and Secondary Sources| | | | | | | | | | Analyzing Collected Data| | | | | | | | | |
Drafting Report| | | | | |...