BA 9203 — TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Time: Three hours Maximum: 100 Marks Answer ALL Questions
PART A — (10 × 2 = 20 Marks)
1. What is Appraisal Costs of Quality?
2. Explain the term, Return on Quality (ROQ).
3. What is Taguchi loss function?
4. Define Cost of quality (COQ).
5. What is Process capability?
6. What is Infant mortality period?
7. What is an Affinity diagram?
8. Define Life cycle cost.
9. Define Empowerment.
10. What is Statistical thinking?
PART B — (5 × 16 = 80 Marks)
11. (a) Explain in detail the obstacles to be faced in implementing TQM in an organization.
(b) Bring out the dimensions of product and service quality. Also explain why the service quality is more difficult to define than product quality. 12. (a) Compare and contrast Deming's, Juran's, and Crosby’s perspectives of quality management. What are the major similarities and differences between their perspectives?
(b) Enumerate in detail the various principles of quality management. Question Paper Code: W6503
132 132 132
W 6503 2
13. (a) Explain in detail the methodology to implement Business Process Reengineering.
(b) (i) AAA Inc., produces meter sticks that have a target length of 100 centimeters with upper and lower specification limits of 100.05 and 99.95 centimeters respectively. Their existing process produces meter sticks with an average length of 99.97 centimeters and a standard deviation of 0.015 centimeters. They are considering the purchase of a new machine that can hold a process output average exactly to target with a standard deviation of 0.02. Which machine will provide a better process capability...