* Chief executive of the Central Bank.
Powers and duties are:
* To prepare the agenda for the meeting of the Monetary Board and to submit for the consideration of the Board the policies and measures which he believes are necessary in carrying out the purposes and provisions of the Central Bank Act;
* To execute and administer the policies and measures approved by the Monetary Board.
* To direct and supervise the operations and internal administration of the Central Bank. The Governor may delegate some of his administrative responsibilities to other officers of the Bank, subject to the rules and regulation of the Monetary Board; and
* To exercise such powers as may be vested in him by the Monetary Board.
In addition, the Governor is the Chairman of the Board and he is empowered:
a. To represent the Monetary Board and the BSP in all dealings with other offices, agencies and instrumentalities of the Government and with all other persons or entities without the approval of the concurrence of any other agency of the Government public or private, whether domestic, foreign or international; b. To authorize, with his signature, contracts concluded by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, notes and securities issued by the bank, the annual reports, balance sheet, profit and loss statements, correspondence and other documents of the Bank. The signature of the Governor may be facsimile whenever appropriate; c. To represent the Bangko Sentral either personally or through counsel in any legal proceedings or action; and d. To delegate his power to represent the Bank, as provided in a, b, and c above, to other officers of the Ban upon his own responsibility.
THE SENIOR DEPUTY GOVERNORS AND THE DEPUTY GOVERNORS
The Governor of Bangko Sentral, with the approval of the Monetary Board, can appoint one or more Senior Deputy Governors and Deputy Governors, in a maximum number as may be...