The Perfect Club Sandwich
When I think of the best club sandwich, I remember a place my father took
me as a child. The sandwich was as big as the plate it was served on. It was lightly
toasted, filled with garden fresh vegetables and deli fresh meat. Leaving the
establishment with an extremely full stomach was an exciting feeling I looked
forward to every time we drove in the parking lot. Below I will guide you on a fun
filled adventure I call making the perfect club sandwich.
You will need to visit your favorite market for the following ingredients:
1) Sourdough bread
2) One small container of spicy brown mustard
4) Romaine lettuce
5) One-half pound thinly sliced oven roasted turkey
6) One –half pound thinly sliced honey ham
8) One package of bacon
9) One container of sandwich sliced dill pickles
10) One package of swiss cheese
Once you have these ingredients you may begin to assemble the sandwich like this:
1) Place 6 slices of bacon in a heavy skillet cooking over medium high heat until evenly brown. Do not overcook bacon as this will make it extremely hard and unappetizing. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
2) Place 3 slices of bread in the toaster. Once bread is slightly toasted place them on the countertop.
3) Put 1 tablespoon of mustard and three tablespoons of mayonnaise in a small bowl. Blend mixture until you have a smooth consistency.
4) Spread mixture on each slice of bread evenly.
5) On the bottom slice place 1 slice of cheese, 2 dill pickles, 1 piece of lettuce, 1 slice of tomato, 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of ham, and 3 slices of bacon.
6) Place second slice of bread on top of the first...