The Giver by Louis Lowry
1. What did the word "frightened" mean, according to Jonas? The word "frightened" meaning according to Jonas was a "deep, sickening feeling of something terrible about to happen."
2. About what were Jonas and the other children taught to be careful? Jonas and the other children were taught to be careful about language. 3. How did Jonas decide he felt? What was causing this feeling? Jonas felt apprehensive. The Ceremony of Twelve was causing Jonas’s apprehensive feelings.
4. What were the two occasions when release was not punishment? The twp occasions when release was not a punishment was the release of the elderly and release of a newchild.
5. Why was the Ceremony of Twelve so important?
The Ceremony of Twelve’s is where a child turning twelve would get their adult job and was the end of their childhood and start of their adult life.
1. What was unusual about Jonas and the new child?
Jonas and the new child had pale eyes while the community members had dark eyes.
2. Describe the Assignment of Birthmother. What did Lily's parents say about it? They said the assignment did not have much honor and the birthmothers had only three children also they were not allowed to see the children and were given jobs as laborers for the rest of their lives. 3. What happened to the apple while Jonas was playing with it? The apple changed for an instance when Jonas was playing with it.
4. Describe the of Celebration Release of Roberto.
The release of Roberto started with him talking about his life. Then people cheered, and chanted the anthem. After that Roberto made a good-bye speech then he bowed and walked through a special door in the releasing room.
5. Did Larissa know where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released? Larissa did not know where Roberto or anyone else went when they were released.
6. About what was Jonas's dream? What did...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document