1. What characters do we meet in the first chapters of the book?
He is brave, calm and logical, just like an adult. But he is also curious, innocent and honest, just like a kid.
2. Why don’t the chapters have numbers from 1 to 10 etc.
Because he would like to use prime numbers.
3. Page 1: Re-read the opening paragraph. Discuss the length of the sentences. How does the length of sentences affect the tone of the opening paragraph? Why do you think Christopher like this?
Christopher described the incident of the dog in short sentences without any adjectives. So all he wrote are facts and it gives a impassive tone of the opening paragraph. He is so innocent and simple and that’s why he wrote like this.
4. Chapter3 Why do you think Christopher doesn’t understand some of the smiley faces but does understand others?
Christopher understands smile face and sad face because he felt happy and sad before. But the other emotions are too complicated that he has never felt before.
5. Chapter 7 What appeals to Christopher about detective stories? Can you explain why?
6. Chapter 11 Why does Christopher hit the policeman?
The policeman asked too much questions too quickly and Christopher found it hard to answer properly without enough time so he was a bit crush down. He pressed his head onto the ground, the police took of his arms and lifted him onto his feet. Christopher hates the policeman touching himself that way. So he was mad and he hit him.
7. Page 15 How are prime numbers like life, according to Christopher? What does he mean by this?
Prime numbers are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them. And it just like your life,because you won’t know what does life like until you haven’t been through.
8. Chapter 31 Why...