The Companies Ordinance, 1984
THE COMPANIES ORDINANCE, 1984
(XLVII OF 1984)
PART I - PRELIMINARY
1. Short title, extent and commencement
3. Meaning of "subsidiary" and "holding company"
4. Ordinance not to apply to certain corporations
Application of Ordinance to non-trading companies with purely provincial 10 objects 6. Ordinance to override memorandum, articles, etc.
PART II-JURISDICTION OF COURTS
7. Jurisdiction of the Courts
8. Constitution of Company Benches
9. Procedure of the Court
10. Appeals against Court orders
PART III-SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION OF PAKISTAN
12. Powers and functions of the Commission
13. Reference by the Federal Government or Commission to the Court 13
PART IV-INCORPORATION OF COMPANIES AND
MATTERS INCIDENTAL THERETO
14. Obligation to register certain associations, partnerships, etc. as companies. 14
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
15. Mode of forming a company
16. Memorandum of company limited by shares
17. Memorandum of company limited by guarantee
18. Memorandum of unlimited company
19. Printing, signature, etc., of memorandum
20. Restriction on alteration of memorandum
21. Alteration of memorandum
22. Powers of Commission when confirming alteration
23. Exercise of discretion by Commission
24. Procedure on confirmation of the alteration
25. Effect of failure to register within ninety days
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
26. Registration of articles
27. Printing, signature, etc. of articles
28. Alteration of articles
FORMS OF MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES
Forms of memorandum and articles 22
GENERAL PROVISIONS WITH RESPECT TO REGISTRATION OF MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES 30. Registration of memorandum and articles, etc.
31. Effect of memorandum and articles
32. Effect of registration
33. Conclusiveness of certificate of incorporation
34. Effect of alteration in memorandum or articles
35. Copies of memorandum and articles to be given to members
25 36. Alteration of memorandum or articles to be noted in every copy 25
PROVISIO NS WITH RESPECT TO NAMES OF COMPANIES
37. Prohibition of certain names
Rectification of name of a company 26
Change of name by a company 26
Registration of change of name and effect thereof 27
Alteration of names on commencement of Ordinance and change of status 27 of company
ASSOCIATIONS NOT FOR PROFIT
Power to dispense will "Limited" in the name of charitable and other 28 Companies
COMPANIES LIMITED BY GUARANTEE
43. Provision as to companies limited by guarantee 29
PROVISIONS RELATING TO CONVERSION OF PUBLIC COMPANY INTO PRIVATE COMPANY AND VICE VERSA AND OTHER MATTERS 44.
Conversion of public company into private company 29
Prospectus or statement in lieu of prospectus to be filed by private company on ceasing to be private company 29 46.
Consequence of default in complying with conditions constituting a company a private company 31
CARRYING ON BUSINESS WITH LESS THAN
THE LEGAL MINIMUM OF MEMBERS
Liability for carrying on business with less than three or, in the case The Companies Ordinance, 1984
of a private company, two members 31
SERVICE AND AUTHENTICATION OF DOCUMENTS
48. Service of documents on company
49. Service of documents on registrar
50. Service of notice on members, etc.
51. Authentication of documents and proceedings
PART V- PROSPECTUS, ALLOTMENT, ISSUE AND TRANSFER OF SHARES AND DEBENTURES, DEPOSITS, ETC.
52. Prospectus to be dated
53. Matters to be stated and reports to be set out in prospectus
33 54. Expert to be unconnected with formation or management of company 36 55.
Expert's consent to issue of prospectus containing statement by him 36 56.
Penalty and interpretation 36
Please join StudyMode to read the full document