ORIGIN OF THE NAME .- The name of the Taurus Constellation originated from the Greek word Taros which means “the bull”.
LEGEND.- The story behind the Taurus constellation is that Zeus (a Greek god) transformed himself into a beautiful, majestic white bull to impress and attract the love of his life Europa.
LOCATION.- If you were ever in the mood to catch a glimpse of one of the stars the best place on earth would be in the Canadian region during winter time in the evening. The Taurus constellation is located east of the Aries constellation, west of the Gemini constellation, and north of the twins.
* The Taurus constellation shares stars with 13 other constellations. * The brightest star in the Taurus constellation is the Alpha Tauri. * The Taurus constellation is the oldest constellation known. * The Taurus has 15 different stories standing behind the history of its name. * People say that, if you are looking for shooting stars they are most commonly seen where the constellation of the Taurus lies.
* Magnitude: 0, 9
* Distance: 65. Light years
* Color; orange
* Surface temperature 213,125,125,369.23589
* Magnitude 1,7
* Distance 82.905 light years
* Color; blue
* Surface temperature256,458,456,897.12356
* Magnitude: 3,0
* Distance: 50.967 light years
* Color: white
* Surface temperature: 225,698,448.57785
* Magnitude: 3, 0
* Distance: 94.571 light years
* Color; red
* Surface temperature: 12,140,000,215.002
Taurus Constellation Diagram in theSky
| Taurus Constellation Diagram of the Legend
Please join StudyMode to read the full document