AT ASHOK LEYLAND
Modern lifestyle is full of stress. You have not only to cope with challenges at work but also with stress that you take along with you to work. The problem is that in these difficult times when economy is bad, stress at home and workplace are on the rise. Due to changing technology, new demands, demographic changes, increased competition and increase in workload psychological problems related to occupational stress have increased rapidly. Jobs provide an abundance of opportunities to experience personal satisfaction, growth and social acceptance. However, jobs also represent a common source of stress and can put a great deal of strain on our daily life. Stress produces strain, disrupts equilibrium, and it is the source of any number of emotional, physical, economic and social problems. Stress management is a continuous process of monitoring, diagnosing, and prevention of excessive stressors that adversely affects employees, managers, and productivity. These stressors are as much a function of the Environment as ones perception of the environment. Therefore, stress management is as much the responsibility of employees as it is managers. It is a fact that, retention of key employees is critical to the long-term health and success of any organization. Employee retention matters, as, organizational issues such as training time and investment, costly candidate search etc., are involved. Hence, failing to retain a key employee is a costly proposition for any organization. The aim of this paper is to discuss the various causes of stress, reasons on why attrition arises, how to manage attrition, various employee retention policies and to conclude the ways to improve employee “stress level”. And examine the different strategies to manage stress and methods to reduce stress.
1. Need for the Study
• Stress level of employees at Ashok Leyland , and in turn design appropriate stress management and prevention strategies that will promote healthy organizations. • Causes of Stress among the employees due to the various external and internal factor and to know the prevention measure taken by the organization to reduce stress and to create awareness among the employees on there health. • And to take prevention strategies to overcome stress and handling methods to reduce stress and steps taken by the human resource people to reduce stress for both executives and associate level of employees. • To know job performance of employees in Ashok leyland and satisfaction level of there job.
2. Scope of the Study
• Stress management will help the Employees who feels stress and has some interest to reduce the stress by the available options made in the organization.
• Stress management will help the employees to manage stress and guide them to handle stress
• Stress management guide employees to spent time with family, friends, community participation, spirituality, personal growth, self care, and other personal activities, in addition to the demands of the workplace.
3. Objectives of the Study
• To understand the stress level of the employees.
• To find cause of stress.
• To know the effect of stress.
• To examine different strategies to manage stress.
• Job satisfaction of employee who is working in Ashok Leyland.
• To analysis the area of improvement in existing job methods to reduce stress.
4. Research Methodology
Research is a voyage from Known to Unknown
Research is a procedure of logical and systematic application of the fundamentals of science to general and overall questions of a study and scientific technique which provide precise tools, specific procedure and technical rather than...