Simple Past Tense
* Expresses an activity/ activities that happened at a specific time in the past. * From : V + d, ed, ied
Irregular verb action verb
* Negative – did + not + base V
Was/were ‘be’ verb
* Negative – was/were + not
* Time expression : yesterday, two days ago last year, just now, in 1998 * Example : 1. Mariam finished her homework last night
2. They graduated two years ago.
3. We went to Singapore during the school holidays. 4. Lily was angry because she missed the bus this morning. 5. She did not ( didn’t) write the letter yesterday. 6. Ani and Mimi were not (weren’t) in my class last year.
Simple Present Tense
* Expresses an activity/ activities that happens/ happen habitually * Expresses an activity/ activities that is/are true at the time of speaking * Expresses a fact or general truth.
* From : action verb
He/she/it – V + s, es, ies
I/you/we/they – base V
* Negative – do/does + not + base V
He/she/it – is
I - am
* Negative – am/is/are + not
* Time expression : always, sometimes, often yearly, everyday * Example : 1. The building is tall
2. They are partners.
3. The children go to school everyday.
4. Hakimi does not play hockey. He plays football 5. The boys do not like chocolate cake. They prefer cheese cake.
Simple Future Tense
* Expresses an activity/ activities that will happen in the future * From : will + base V
* Negative – will + not + base V
‘be’ + going to + base V
* Negative – ‘be’ + not + going to
* Time expression : in the future, tomorrow, soon, in two days time, next month, tonight *...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document