Short Form Writing Style Handbook
© 2009, 2007 University of Phoenix. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The text of this publication, or any part thereof, may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, storage in an information retrieval system, or otherwise, without prior permission of University of Phoenix.
Edited in accordance with The Apollo Group editorial standards and practices.
This short form writing style guide has been specially created for the First-Year Sequence of courses at Axia College. It is based on the more complete Axia College’s Writing Style Handbook that you will rely on and be held accountable for in your courses after your first year at Axia College.
The purpose of this guide is to provide the basic rules necessary for writing papers that are consistent in style, formatting, and respect the intellectual property rights of experts whose material you refer to in your formal papers. If you have any questions about what these rules mean or how to use them, always check with your instructor.
• All text must be written in the same font.
• Use Times New Roman, Arial, or Courier, 12-point size.
• Use italics sparingly for emphasis; do not use bold, underlining, or all capital letters.
• Use 1-inch margins on all sides of each page.
• Justify the left side of the page, but leave the right side ragged.
• Indent the first line of each paragraph ½ inch.
• Double-space throughout the text, including title page and reference page.
• Leave one space between words, punctuation, and sentences.
• Double-space; use upper-and lowercase letters, no bolds or underlines. Title page must include the following:
o Title of the paper
o Your name
o Course Title
o Faculty Name
Cite This Essay
(2011, 01). Short Form Writing Style. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Short-Form-Writing-Style-565258.html
"Short Form Writing Style" StudyMode.com. 01 2011. 2011. 01 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Short-Form-Writing-Style-565258.html>.
- MLA 7
"Short Form Writing Style." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2011. Web. 01 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Short-Form-Writing-Style-565258.html>.
"Short Form Writing Style." StudyMode.com. 01, 2011. Accessed 01, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Short-Form-Writing-Style-565258.html.