(10%=Constructing A Short Argument)
Purpose of Assignment
• This is an individual assignment.
• This assignment will help students understand the argumentation process involved in critical thinking. This assignment will also help students recognize key features and concepts in particular aspects of argumentation.
• To help students articulate a short argument.
• To help students understand key terms and concepts involved in argumentation • To help students write a simple argument, and a counter-claim
Instructional Media: Tools and Resources
• Students will use the BlackBoard technology for submitting their work. • The sole resource will be the textbook by Inch & Warnick and article posted on Blackboard.
You will read the article posted on Blackboard and write a simple argument by stating a claim and using at least two reasons to support the claim. You will then write a counter-claim to the claim.
1.The report must use your own language. You are not permitted to cut and paste any sentences from the textbook.
3.The report must:
• have a cover page
• have an Assessment Rubric (if not, 1 point deducted) • use Times New Romans or Arial, font size: 12
• have a space of 1.5 between lines,
• 1 Full page in length
• full sentences (and no bullet points)
3.The report must use the following headings:
Date Due:Post on BlackBoard on March 8, 2013.
Who must submit assignment:Each person must post the assignment on BlackBoard
Where to deliver hard copies:No Hard Copies
The following piece of info must appear on the cover page:
UNIV 1212: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Dr Ifzal Akhtar