SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR NURSES
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What led to your interest in nursing? I wanted to do something in my career that is challenging, interesting, and makes a difference in people's lives on a daily basis. * My mother is a nurse, and seeing the satisfaction she feels every day by helping people in her job inspired my own interest in the field. * I believe that nursing is one of the most interesting and growing careers available today, and I enjoy the difference I can make in my patient's hospital experience.
3. Describe a challenging problem you faced on one of your clinical rotations. How did you solve the problem?
4. When you are experiencing a stressful work situation, how do you relax? 5. Give a specific example of a time when you knew you did a good job as a nurse. 6. Have you ever been burned out? When? What did you do about it? 7. How would you respond if asked by the head nurse to do some of the menial tasks for patients that are normally not your responsibility?
8. How do you relax when faced with stressful work situations? 9. How would you respond if, in a rude and haughty tone, a doctor questioned your work, which you knew to be top-notch and absolutely accurate?
10. Do you think you will be a career nurse or eventually look for another profession? Why? 11. Why did you decide to become a nurse rather than a doctor? 12. Describe a situation in which you found yourself working with someone who was very sensitive and thin-skinned?
13. Can you describe a situation connected with nursing that mad you angry? 14. We have all tried different ways of showing consideration for others. What are some things that you have done in this respect?
15. What are some ways that you feel that nursing can become more professional? 16. If you were told that the nursing field was closed and that you could not become a nurse, what would your do?
17. What type of colleague do you least like to work with?...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document