ROMEO & JULIET PORTFOLIO PROJECT
Assigned on: ODD (3/14) EVEN (3/15) Due on: ODD (4/1) EVEN (4/2) * You must have a designed cover sheet
* You must have designed dividers for each part
Part 1: SETTING
* Create a Timeline of R&J. This should have already been started. * You may continue on with the timeline you created for class OR create a new one.
Part 2: CHARACTERS
* Using your stick figure characters, choose ONE from each Act that you feel best represents that Act. * Place your character relationship map of the characters from R&J here. Identify WHEN & HOW each character died over their face.
Part 3: SOLILOQUY
* Choose an Act & Scene that a soliloquy takes place * You must attach the original soliloquy
* Explain the situation that prompts the soliloquy.
* Paraphrase the soliloquy.
Part 4: Literary Devices (CHOOSE TWO BELOW)
* Copy lines that show 3 examples of a pun
* Explain the pun by explaining the denotations of each word being punned. * Describe the effect of the pun
* Copy lines that shown 3 examples of dramatic irony
* Explain what makes it ironic
* Describe the effect it has on the situation
* Identify the tragic flaws of the following characters: Romeo, Juliet, Tybalt * Support using lines from the text
* Provide examples of 3 dramatic foils
* Support using lines from the text
Part 5: MINI-ESSAY MLA FORMATTED
* Answer ONE of the following prompts.
* You must have a thesis statement (highlighted).
* You must provide support from the text.
* Identify which question you answer.
* You must have an introduction, body, and conclusion.
* Essay must be uploaded to ww.turnitin.com by the due date. WORD COUNT: 500-1000 words (Word Count should be stated on the header of the essay) MINI-ESSAY CHOICES:
1. Prove the statement to be true: Juliet is the stronger character in...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document