Facts of the Case
Rio Grande Supply Co.
* Texas-based wholesale plumbing supply company
* Values Integrity, Honesty and Respect for each individual employee * Has an Internet use policy that employees weren’t to use the company’s computers for anything but business-related activities. * Management has the right to access and review anything employees created, stored, sent, or received on company equipment. * No software filters were installed to prevent abuse of corporate computer system * The company reserves the right to take disciplinary action, including possible termination, and to press criminal charges if an employee was found to have violated the policy. * Jasper Hennings, President of Rio Grande Supply Co., takes personal pride in the company’s culture and values of integrity, honest and respect. * Henry Darger, Chief of Operations, fired a female employee for unauthorized access to another employee’s email. * The female employee accused Henry Darger of “suspicious” activities * Henry Darger confessed that he was logging on to pornographic websites at the office to escape his troubles. Statement of the Problem
* How will Mr. Hennings handle the situation of Henry Darger * How to ensure that the company’s computer and internet policy is followed * How to make the employees embrace the company’s principles of integrity, honesty and respect Point of View Taken
* Jasper Hennings, President of Rio Grande Supply Co.
* To determine the appropriate course of action of Mr. Hennings to handle the issue of Mr. Darger. * To reinforce the company’s cultural vision and values Analysis of Causes
Analysis of the Problem
1. What environmental factors have helped to create the situation Jasper Hennings faces? * Internal environment: Corporate culture
* The management is aware of this but is not doing anything about it. Because of this, the employees continue to violate the company policy...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document