Speech # 1 Informative Speech
I would like the audience to learn and understand the importance of retirement planning at a young age.
To create a safe financial retirement we need not to rely only on social security but also have other retirement plans such as a 401K and/or an IRA account. INTRODUCTION:
I. How many of you expect to live past the age of 60?
II. How many of you would like to one day retire and enjoy the golden days of life? III. Today I want to share with you some information about our current Social Security system and other option available to you for retirement planning. BODY:
Did you know that by the time you reach retirement age, social security might not be around anymore? Let me explain why.
A. Social Security is a pay as you go government fund that is the economic security for millions of Americans when they retire.
1. About one out of four households receives income from social security 2. The average social security benefits paid to retirees in January of 2013 was $1,264
B. The main problem with the current social security system. 1. The ratio of workers to those in retirement started to drop. 2. Meaning the money going in would soon not be enough to support money going out.
3. If congress makes no changes to the current social security system, the fund will run of money by 2033.
(Transition: Now that we learned that social security is not a very reliable retirement plan; let’s look at a couple of options that can guarantee you a more secure future.) II.
The first option for an alternate retirement plan is a 401K. A. A 401K plan is a plan that takes a small amount of money, up to $ 17,000 a year, from every pay check you get.
1. Then you choose how to invest that money in mutual plans offered by the company.
2. Until you retire that money is there invested and growing.
B. Sometimes a 401K plan comes with an additional bonus
1. Free money, also known as a matching...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document