Implement programs and projects to achieve three desired outcomes. These are:
• Raising learning outcomes
• Reducing resource backlogs
• Expanding access to Basic Education and improving equity
A. RAISING LEARNING OUTCOMES
1. Basic Education Curricular Reform-The project is designed to make the curriculum relevant, effective and responsive to the needs of local and global society.
2. Computer Education for Public Elementary Schools. -This utilizes educational technology to enhance learning and improve the overall quality of elementary education specifically in Grades IV to VI.
3. Search for Most Effective Public Schools in Math and Science -This is a quadrennial search for public elementary schools with the most effective quality of instruction in Math and Science based on pupil performance and effectiveness of school programs in Math and Science.
4. Materials Production in Braille and in-Large Print - Resource materials being produced are for the blind and those with low vision.
5. Accreditation Program for Public Elementary Schools (APPES)-This is a DepEd initiative to develop school system effectiveness among public elementary schools through quality standards.
6. Every Child A Reader Program (ECARP)
a) Teacher Self-learning Modules (TSLMs) The TSLMs are designed to equip primary grades teachers with the necessary materials to improve their teaching of reading.
b) The Philippine Informal Reading Inventory (Phil. IRI).The Phil-IRI is an authentic reading assessment tool that attempts to evaluate the reading proficiency level of public elementary pupils nationwide.
7. Personnel Enhancement Program (PEP)
a)National Conference of Chiefs and Assistant Chiefs of Elementary Education (NCCACEE) - In support of the DepEd’s thrust to improve public elementary education, the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) through the Staff Development Division (SDD) has institutionalized the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 04). Programs Implemented by Dep.Ed.. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Programs-Implemented-By-Dep-Ed-973901.html
"Programs Implemented by Dep.Ed." StudyMode.com. 04 2012. 2012. 04 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Programs-Implemented-By-Dep-Ed-973901.html>.
- MLA 7
"Programs Implemented by Dep.Ed.." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2012. Web. 04 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Programs-Implemented-By-Dep-Ed-973901.html>.
"Programs Implemented by Dep.Ed.." StudyMode.com. 04, 2012. Accessed 04, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Programs-Implemented-By-Dep-Ed-973901.html.