Personal Financial Planning Worksheet
Directions: Based on your readings and discussions in class this week, answer the following questions completely.
1. The process of creating a detailed plan to meet your financial needs and prepare for the future is called: B a. Developing goals.
b. Personal financial planning.
c. Collecting financial information.
d. Personal finance.
2. Which of the following is not one of the five major steps of the financial planning process? a. Analyze your current finances. C
b. Establish and implement your plan.
c. Collect and organize your financial information.
d. Reevaluate and revise your plan as needed.
3. Which phase in life is commonly associated with focus on marriage, family, purchasing a home, and career development? C a. Teenage years
b. Between your 50s and 60s
c. Late 20s through your 40s
d. During retirement
4. Which of the following are some benefits of having a college degree that can affect your financial planning? D a. The potential to make a higher salary
b. Jobs with retirement plans and benefits
c. The ability to receive promotions and wage increases d. All of the above
5. Which of the following elements of a comprehensive financial plan discuss analyzing future needs, such as saving for retirement or college funding for dependants? A a. Building wealth
b. Securing basic needs
c. Establishing a firm foundation
d. Protecting wealth and dependants
6. People have different styles when it comes to handling their money. List the two things that affect our personal beliefs and opinions about financial planning. The two things affecting our personal beliefs and opinions are Values and Attitudes. Values are fundamental beliefs about what is important in life. Attitudes are opinions and psychological differences between people...