Title: Death Penalty
Topic : Death Row
General Purpose: To persuade the audience that using the death penalty is wrong and should be illegal and every state that upholds that justice.
Specific Purpose: How does the death penalty help the community?
I. Methods of the death penalty
II. To prove the understanding of death row
III. The value/fundamental of death row
IV. How can the death penalty changer america?
A. How do you (the people) look at the death penalty?
1. No one in the world should give orders to kill anyone its wrong
2. Its pays so much to take a life and if the death penalty didn’t exist there might be money in today’s society
1. The system should also receive the death penalty because they are also taking someone’s life.
1. the primary method of execution used in the United States. Hanging is still used in Delaware and Washington, although both have lethal injection as an alternative method of execution. For execution by this method, the inmate may be weighed the day before the execution, and a rehearsal is done using a sandbag of the same weight as the prisoner. This is to determine the length of 'drop' necessary to ensure a quick death. If the rope is too long, the inmate could be decapitated, and if it is too short, the strangulation could take as long as 45 minutes. The rope, which should be 3/4-inch to 1 1/4-inch in diameter, must be boiled and stretched to eliminate spring or coiling. The knot should be lubricated with wax or soap "to ensure a smooth sliding action," according to the 1969 U.S. Army manual.
B. Lethal Injection
1. Two needles (one is a back-up) are then inserted into usable veins, usually in the inmates arms. Long tubes connect the needle through a hole in a cement block wall to several intravenous drips. The first is a harmless... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 04). Outline for the Death Penalty. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 04, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-The-Death-Penalty-669650.html
"Outline for the Death Penalty" StudyMode.com. 04 2011. 2011. 04 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-The-Death-Penalty-669650.html>.
- MLA 7
"Outline for the Death Penalty." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 04 2011. Web. 04 2011. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-The-Death-Penalty-669650.html>.
"Outline for the Death Penalty." StudyMode.com. 04, 2011. Accessed 04, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Outline-For-The-Death-Penalty-669650.html.