The consumption of fruits and vegetables is advisable for a pregnant woman; it provides them with Folic acid which helps in preventing neural defects in the baby and Vitamin E which helps in muscle development in the fetus. There are 6 food groups that exist in which a pregnant mother is advised to choose her diet based on. They are: Staples, Legumes, Vegetables, Fruits, Proteins (Food from Animals), Fats and Oils
Food from Animals
A Pregnant woman should:
* Choose foods high in fiber that are enriched such as whole-grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice, fruits, and vegetables.
* Make sure you are getting enough vitamins and minerals in your daily diet while pregnant. Prenatal vitamins should be taken as recommended by the doctor if necessary.
* Eat and drink at least four servings of dairy products and calcium-rich foods a day to help ensure that you are getting 1000-1300 mg of calcium in your daily diet during pregnancy.
* Eat at least three servings of iron-rich foods per day to ensure you are getting 27 mg of iron daily.
* Choose at least one good source of vitamin C daily, such as oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, honeydew, papaya, broccoli, cauliflower. Choose at least one good source of folic acid...