Chapter 2 Solutions
1. The Netstat command indicates that POP3 is in use on a remote server. Which port is the remote server most likely using?
b. Port 110
2. On a Windows computer, what command can you enter to show all open ports being used?
3. Which protocol uses UDP?
4. Which protocol offers guaranteed delivery and is connection oriented?
5. TCP communication could be likened to which of the following?
d. Phone conversation
6. Which of the following protocols is connectionless? (Choose all that apply.)
7. Which command verifies the existence of a node on a network?
8. FTP offers more security than TFTP. True or False?
9. List the three components of the TCP/IP three-way handshake.
SYN, SYN-ACK, and ACK
10. What protocol is used for reporting or informational purposes?
11. List the six flags of a TCP packet.
SYN, ACK, PSH, URG, RST, FIN
12. A UDP packet is usually smaller than a TCP packet. True or False?
13. What port, other than port 110, is used to retrieve e-mail?
b. Port 143
14. What port does DNS use?
d. Port 53
15. What command is used to log on to a remote server, computer, or router?
16. Which of the following is not a valid octal number?
17. The initial sequence number (ISN) is set at which step of the TCP three-way handshake?
d. 1 and 2
18. A Ping command initially uses which ICMP type code?
b. Type 8
19. “Destination Unreachable” is designated by which ICMP type code?
c. Type 3
20. What’s the hexadecimal equivalent of the binary number 1111 1111?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document