( DPLP 1112 )
DIPLOMA OF EDUCATION ISLAMIC STUDIES ( B )
PROGRESSIVE ENGLISH BOOK 1
PREPARED FOR :
MISS NATASHA BINTI ARIFFIN
PREPARED BY :
NADIA NUR AMIRAH BINTI CHE SEMAN
PAGE 29 ( TASK 10 )
Choose one of the topics below and write a journal entry of not less than 100 words on it. 4.
THE MOST EMBARRASING MOMENT IN MY LIFE.
PAGE 47, 49
A. FIND THE FACTS
| 1. 2. 3.
| 1. three beautiful sarees but don’t have gold to ‘shine’. 2. 1 school uniform and 1 pair of shoes.
| 1. Malacca Education Department 2. Worked as a waitress
| 1. Sympathized with a widow. 2. Sceptical about what she could do and how she could cope without a man. 3. She had to fight a battle- a battle against society’s prejudice and attitude, poverty and insecurity- with principles, love and above all, confidence.
C. INFORMATION RECALL AND INFERENCE
1. The theme of this short story is if you want something that can change your life, u must principle of life until today. 2. The main characters is mother.
3. The author’s mother is very strong woman because after author’s father dead she struggled to make a living for many years to come.
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
A. TRUE AND FALSE
B. INFORMATION RECALL AND INFERENCE
1. I think the incident involving the 54- year – old woman was worth reporting in the newspaper because she a 54- year- old mother of eight, who is also a grandmother of 15 grandchildren, gave birth to triplets in Washington, USA.
2. Many graduates not able to find a job because they lack language and communication skills. That why many graduates not available for many job from company.
3. The Ministry of Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs raid the direct-selling company because the product are of inferior quality. Many of the clients did not realize they were buying the electrical items at price higher than those charged in shops.
5. The effects of the earthquake in Sumatra is at least 58 people were killed and hundreds were injured. It destroyed buildings and cut electricity and water supply. It also closed Bengkulu citi airport. Tremors were felt as far away as Jakarta and Singapore.
7. The Air France plane crash because one of its engines had failed just before the palne crashed in flames. One hundred and nine passengers and crew members on board and four people on the ground were killed in the mishap.
8. Michael Schumacher nearly have an accident because he spun into the gravel and he believed it was the hot afternoon affecting the tyres.
9. The tourists stuck in Haadyai because heavy rain in the north east coasts of Malaysia as well as southern Thailand left thousands of visitors stranded in Haadyai and caused 8 000 people to flee from their homes.
10. Sandra Wilson’s scooter blown up because she park her new scooter outside the vehicle registration office while she was applying for her license plates and someone thought the vehicle with no license plates might be carrying a bomb.
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY.
A. WORD MATCHING
C. EXPRESSING YOURSELF
Please join StudyMode to read the full document