* KMS would help the organization to work smoothly by keeping the employees updated about the company’s information. * KMS would help them to keep their data up-to-date.
* They will not search for files everywhere, just type it in the search box and one can view it. * It makes employees working easier.
* New employees can be trained through KMS.
* Customers can view the company information through KMS.
* What were some of the challenges faced by SFPUC? What management, organization, and technology factors were responsible for those challenges? * The two major challenges SFPUC faced were successfully capturing, managing, and transferring this knowledge, and maintaining reliability and accountability despite a large influx of new workers.
* SFPUC expected that a significant portion of its employees—about 20 percent—would retire in 2009. * The majority of these positions were technical.
* The training of new employees would be more complicated, and maintaining knowledge of the retiring workers would be critical to all areas of SFPUC’s business processes.
* Describe how implementing EPC improved knowledge management and operational effectiveness at SFPUC. * With EPC, SFPUC would be able to maintain continuity from older to newer employees more easily. SFPUC was impressed that the system would span all four of its...