1. These five numbers are written in standard form.
4.5 × 105 8.7 × 10° 6.9 × 10-3 3.2 × 106 1.8 × 10-1 Arrange them in ascending order.
2. (a)Write 1.8 × 10-1as an ordinary number.(b) 4p × 45 = 415. Find the value of p.
3. Write 1.19886 correct to 3 significant figures.
4.(a) Which of the following does not equal the fraction 12/20 ? [pic]
5. Hassan picks 24 kg of fruit.He finds that 8% of the fruit is rotten. Work out the mass of fruit which is rotten.
6. The population of a city is 550 000. It is expected that this population will increase by 42% by the year 2008. Calculate the expected population in 2008.
7. In triangle ABC, angle B is a right angle, angle A is equal to 45°, side AC = 20 cm. Find the length of side AB.
A, B and C are points on a circle, centre O.Angle AOB = 40°. (i) Write down the size of angle ACB. (ii) Find the size of angle OAB.
9. Find the hypotenuse of a right triangle with the other two sides measuring 3.2 cm and 2.4 cm.
10. Factorise the following
a) x2 + 8x + 15 (b)y2 – 15y+ 56
11.A railway line, between stations A and B, is straight and has a length of 4800 m. The bearing of B from A is 200 °. The point P is due east of B and due south of A.
(a)Complete the sketch above to show triangle ABP.(b)Calculate the length of AP.
(a)Calculate the distance, OM, of the boy from the balloon. (b)Calculate angle MON.
13. In a triangle PQR, PQ = 12cm, QR = 1cm and PR = 13cm. Check whether this is a right triangle or not.
14.AD is a diameter of the circle...