WOMEN’S RIGHT TO EDUCATION :
* Everybody has the right to education –
* It is right to free and compulsory primary education , without any discrimination on basis of gender . * This has been recognized since the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) in 1948. * But now a days in some of the countries gender inequality in education is extreme . * Girls are less likely to access schools & they are confined to the four walls of their house .
Benefits of education to women :
* Education brings in Cultural changes .
* Education plays an important role in enabling girls and women to secure other rights * Girls are respected in the society and participate in all cultural activities and festivals . * Better health and awareness .
* Poverty reduction - It is also the single most powerful way to lift people out of poverty.
But unfortunately we find that
* Girls make up for more than 50% of those 75 million children currently denied primary education, * Women form the vast majority of the 776 million illiterate persons worldwide.
* WHO IS MALALA ?
* WHAT DOES SHE WANT ?
* WHAT IS HER AMBITION ?
* WHO WERE HER ENEMIES ?
* WHY ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT ON HER ?
* WHERE & HOW IS SHE NOW ?
* Malala Yousafzai was born on 12 July 1997 in a small town of Mingora in the Swat District of Pakistan . * This school student is known for her education and women's rights activism in her province , where the Taliban has at times banned girls from attending school. * She lived with her two younger brothers, her parents, and two pet chickens ! * Malala was shaped in large part by her father , Ziauddin Yousafzai, who is a poet, school owner and an educational activist himself who runs a chain of schools known as the Khushal Public School . * She wants to become a doctor, though later her father encouraged her to become a politician...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document