ITEMS TO BE ADDRESSED + SAMPLE RESPONSES
|NOTE: These items do not necessarily have to be addressed in the order/way here indicated in your actual speech. | |NOTE: Please type the questions and your answers |
Purpose Statement: The purpose of my speech is to PERSUADE my target audience that the Ford Mustang is a better car than the Chevrolet Camaro (type of claim)
Ex: The purpose of my speech is to persuade my target audience that the Ford Mustang is, and always has been, a better car than its rival, the Chevrolet Camaro. (policy)
1. How will you attract/orient your audience to your Main Claim?
Ex: I will use an eye-catching picture that has both cars in it.
2. How will you establish the relevance of your Main Claim for your TARGET AUDIENCE?
Ex: Everybody likes the Mustang and the Camaro.
3. What specific characteristics of the audience will you VERBALLY IDENTIFY to establish COMMON GROUND and/or to create a COMMON IDENTITY for you and them? (use the "we" key)
Ex: We as young, health minded college students and future parents might want to buy a sports car in the future. The Mustang and Camaro are undoubtedly two of the most common sports cars in America. I’m going to tell you which is the better buy.
4. What question/general comment will you raise IN YOUR INTRODUCTION which will focus your audience toward your Main Claim? (List at least three.)
Ex: Both cars are very similar.
Ex: The Mustang has been in production longer than the Camaro. Ex: Which car is faster?
Ex: Which car is a better driving experience?
5. How will you provide a sense of direction or structure for your audience to follow?
Ex: I will preview my sub claims directly.
Ex: I will substitute #4 for my preview...