Course: Business Economics Instructor: Dr. Abdul Waheed
The objectives of this course are to provide students with a basic understanding of the economic theory and analytical tools that can be used in decision-making problems. The course is designed to equip students with the skills necessary for career position in national and international organizations.
In addition to in-class quizzes and homework assignments, each student will undertake a project. They will be required to present the results of their analyses in the class and submit it in the form of a term paper. Further instructions about the course project will be given in the class. Grading plan will be as follows:
Mid-Term Exam 30 Marks
Final Term Exam 50 Marks
Term Paper & Presentation 20 Marks
1. Introduction to Basic Concepts of Economics
2. Demand, Supply and Market Equilibrium, Comparative Static Analysis 3. Elasticity of Demand and Supply and its Application
4. Theory of Consumer Behavior-I
5. Theory of Consumer Behavior-II
6. Production and Economics of the Firm
7. Short Run Cost Analysis
8. Long Run Cost Analysis
9. Market Structure: Perfect Competition
10. Market Structure: Monopoly
11. Market Structure: Monopolistic Competition & Oligopoly 12. National Income Accounting
13. Aggregate Demand, Supply and Equilibrium
1. Pindyck, R. S., Rubinfeld, D. L. and Mehta, P. L. (2008). Microeconomics. 6th Edition. Pearson Prentice Hall.
2. Mankiw, N. G. (2010). Macroeconomics. 7th Edition, Worth Publishers 3. Parkin M. (2003). Microeconomics. 6th Edition. Addison Wesley.