Assess the issues of compliance and non-compliance in regard to responses to problems in family relationships. ASSESS: MAKE A JUDGEMENT OF VALUE, QUALITY, OUTCOMES, RESULTS OR SIZE. ISSUES:
* Counselling & Mediation Process
* Enforcement of Parenting Plan
* Maintenance Responsibilities
ACTS & RESPONSES:
* The Family Law Reform Act 1995 (Cth)
* The Family Law Amendment Act 200 (Cth)
* Child Support Agency 1989
* Jean Lennon Case 1996
* Up to 95% of all parties to dissolution do not proceed to the adversarial aspect of the dispute through the family court. INTRO:
* Majority accept & believe in the law
* More issues due to emotional attachment
* Unrealistic expectations result in anger and disappointment * Compliance is greater than noncompliance which is essential to achieve justice for all BODY:
* ADVO: people don’t comply as they think the law can’t change. Death of Jean Lennon 1996, using her case to get state gov to review laws on domestic violence to ensure protection and increase compliance. * Counselling & mediation: used to heighten compliance by allowing parties to generate their own solutions. 95% don’t need to go higher in the system to come to an agreement. Ensues children are the main focus. * Parenting plans: enforces greater contact with both parents, instead of a breakdown. But with this presumption encourages parents to abduct children and flea overseas. * Maintenance responsibilities: parents have to maintain children so the burden doesn’t fall onto welfare payments. Child support, lone fathers criticise the agency saying it isn’t fair due to lack of equal access.
* Still many issues, but with changing families comes the need for changing laws. Assess the issues of compliance and non-compliance in regard to responses to problems in family relationships. The majority of society accepts and believes in the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document