NIZAMUDDIN DARGAH- ITHIAAS TRIP
* Sufi: (Etymology: Worship, Wool) Follower of Islam in a liberal way [spiritual side] * Sufism was born out of necessity
* Ulemah were the rigid people who followed Islam. They created rules. * NIZAMUDDIN gave people a lot of freedom
* Teacher in Islam is known as PIR.
* Student in Islam is known as MUREED.
* During Nizamuddin’s time crime was at it’s lowest.
* FIRST SUFI SAINT- Moinuddin Chisti
* CHISTI SILSILA- Named after people who propagated this. The people had come from a place called Chist * Nizamuddin Auliyah was the 4th Sufi saint.
HAZRAT NIZAMUDDIN AULIYAH
* He was born in 1238
* Lived in Badaun for 20 years
* Hyaspur was its original name.
* Nizamuddin had established Khangah.
* He was the first saint to go against rigidity.
* Treated everyone equally.
* Alauddin Khilji tried to become his Mureed (student)
* Hyasuddin Tughlaq was jealous of him
* Hazrat Amir Khusrao was Nizamuddin’s favorite Mureed. * Khusrao was the only one who had the permission to enter Nizamuddin’s Khangah anytime. * It was during his time that there was the biggest langar used to take place. * He kept a roza for his whole life
* He was a businessman, poet, scientist, and musician. Excelled in all the fields. * Invented Tabla and Sitar.
* Known as the father of Urdu language.
* Died after 6 months of the death of his pir.
* When a saint dies, the day is celebrated.
Belief- “When a saint dies, he is said to be united with his beloved(God)” * Qawali was originally known as Sama
TOMB OF AMIR KHUSRAO
* Made of red sandstone and marble
* Quran is engraved on the walls.
* Red sandstone is like a dressing on the wall. The wall is not actually made up of red sandstone.
WHY IS REDSTONE USED?
Red sandstone is a dressing to make it attractive. Also red sandstone is very easy to be engraved. Stone – carved...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document