• Mr Short, his sister, his son, and his daughter are fond of golf and often play together. The following statements are true of their foursome.
• 1) The best player’s twin and the worst player are of the opposite sex.
• 2) The best player and the worst player are the same age.
• Which one of the foursome is the best player?
• In a certain flight crew, the positions of pilot, co-pilot, and flight engineer are held by three persons, Allen, Brown, and Carr, though not necessarily in that order.
• The co-pilot, who is an only child, earns the least
• Carr, who married Brown’s sister, earns more than the pilot.
• What position does each of the three persons hold?
• In a certain mythical community, politicians never tell the truth, and non-politicians always tell the truth. A stranger meets three natives, and asks the first of them, “Are you a politician?” The first native answers the question. The second native then reports that the first native denied being a politician. The third native says that the first native is a politician.
• How many of these natives are politicians?
• In a certain mythical community, politicians never tell the truth, and non politicians always tell the truth. A stranger meets three natives, and asks them, “How many of you are politicians?” The first native replies, “We are all politicians.” The second native says’ “No just two of us are politicians. The third native says, “That isn’t true either.
• Is the third native a politician?
Please join StudyMode to read the full document