SWOT Analysis of Hindalco
* Global brand image.
* Cost effective producer.
* Sound financial position.
* A high degree quality consciousness is the core competence of the company, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 have added more prestige to the company. * Integrated production facility at Renusagar power plant. * Company has a well-established distribution network, covering a geographically wide and scattered market. * A number of Brownfield & Greenfield projects.
* Industrial peace as, there has been no major strike in last 22 year. * A well focused human resources development.
* Serve maximum customer satisfaction.
* Present production capacity is not adequate to meet the rising high demand. * Technology is not upgraded to mark as compare to global giants in aluminium industry. OPPORTUNITY
* R & D collabratation with universities and another research organization. * More emphasis on downstream production of value added products. * Recycling should be adopted as routine production.
* Raising more finance from marketing for more acquisition and merger for consolidating position in the global market. * Aluminium, continuous to be strong with a growth in transportation sector 16%, construction15%, passenger car 25%, two wheeler segments 14% respectively during FY07. THREATS
* Strong domestic and global competitors, such as TATA, POSCO, MITTLE, ESSAR . * Innovative revolution in plastic and steel industry.
* Reduce in Exide duty.
* Fall in price of Al. In neighbor country.
Renukoot plant was commissioned in 1962, with one potline and a smelter of 20,000 tpa capacity. Over the years the plant has increased its capacity through various brownfield expansions and asset sweating measures.
Today Hindalco, at Renukoot, operates across the aluminium value chain from bauxite mining, alumina refining, aluminium smelting to downstream rolling and extrusions. The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document