R/602/2954 Understand Employment Responsibilities and Rights in Health, Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
Workbook for Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Purpose – The purpose of the workbook is to support you the learner in gathering and recording evidence towards your LAO Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings.
Content – This workbook covers important aspects of your work, and helps you to understand your rights and responsibilities as a person employed in the Health and Social Care Sector.
In the modern world there are many laws which protect us at work, they ensure we are treated fairly and paid properly by an employer. At the same time, everyone who works has to take care that they also behave well in work, looking out for their own and other people’s safety, being reliable and trustworthy.
Because this is so important, all learners, whatever job they are doing, are now including Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) in their studies. This workbook forms part of the employment rights and responsibility requirements in the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship and Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care.
Assessor – Your assessor will also support you in completing the workbook. He or she will visit you to discuss the workbook and what you need to do. The assessor will make sure that you fully understand what you will need to learn and record in your workbook.
Learner – To complete this workbook you may be –
• Not in employment
• In full or part-time education
• In full or part-time employment
• Undertaking voluntary work
What do you need to do:
1. Choose an organisation around which you will build your answers to the tasks contained in the workbook. This may be –
a. an organisation in which you currently work
b. an organisation that you are interested in and would like to work in
Note – there is not a requirement for the answers to the questions and tasks to all come from one organisation.
2. Discuss the suitability of your chosen organisation(s) with your assessor so that they can guide you as to how and where you will be able to find the information required to help you to complete the task in your workbook.
3. Use the blank pages at the back of the workbook for any notes or to complete questions where you run out of space. Any additional paper used in addition to this workbook to answer questions should be attached and submitted to your assessor.
4. Once you have done this, complete page 54 with the details required.
5. You are now ready to start to complete the workbook.
|Title |Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social care or children’s and | | |young people’s settings | |Level |2 | |Credit value |3 | |GLH |24 |
UNIT INFORMATION - R/602/2954 - Understand employment responsibilities and rights in health, social
|Learning outcomes |Assessment criteria | |The learner will: |The learner can: | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document