Nature: Term Paper
1. What device is used to store electric charge?
- A capacitor is used to store energy or electric charge in electric field while inductor is used to store energy in magnetic field. 2. What quantity indicates the amount of stored electric charge?
- The quantity that indicates the amount of stored electric charge is the Electric Potential. 3. Compare the laws for resistors in series and parallel with those for capacitors in series and parallel.
- If we compare the laws of getting the total resistance and capacitance then we would be able to see that they are contradictory or very different form one another. A proof of this is that the formula to get the capacitance of a connection in series is we would divide one to the sum of all the capacitors while for the resistance with a connection of series is just the summation of all the resistors in the circuit. This also goes for the total capacitance and resistance in the parallel but it is in the opposite. We can already conclude that they are very different from one another. 4. What phenomenon on tungsten led Thomas A. Edison to invent the incandescent lamp?
- He experimented with thousands of different filaments to find just the right materials to glow well and be long-lasting. In 1879, Edison discovered that a carbon filament in an oxygen-free bulb glowed but did not burn up for 40 hours. Edison eventually produced a bulb that could glow for over 1500 hours. 5. What do you call the vacuum tubes used in transistors radio?
- The transistor radio was invented because of the benefit it gave the public. This type of radio was economical and it provided better performance. It is called a transistor radio because of the new parts and components it has. The main reason why it is called a transistor radio is because of the transistors it has. Transistors are the vacuum tubes that could be found inside a transistor radio. These transistors are the main reasons...