1. Click the Start button.
2. Choose the Control Panel option.
3. Now click the System and Security link from this window.
4. Click on the Windows Firewall.
On the left pane, you can see various links like, Change notification settings, Turn Windows Firewall on or off, Restore defaults and advanced settings etc. on the right pane, there are two types of networks link for which you can set firewall settings. They are Home or Work (Private) networks and Public networks.
By default the Firewall state is ON for both the networks.
5. Click on the Change Notification settings link in the Left Pane and the window will look like below. To turn off the Windows Firewall click on the Turn off Windows Firewall option button.
Click on OK button.
Note: Make sure that the Firewall of the computers you are using are turn OFF. 1. Click the start up button.
2. Choose Run and type cmd
3. Type ipconfig to see the assigned IP address.
- If you want to see the MAC address type ipconfig /all
4. After that type ping plus the IP address of the target computer, - NOTE: not the IP address of your computer you are using. 5. When it replies the testing is successful.
FIREWALL – A system designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network. Firewalls can be implemented in both hardware and software. Firewalls are frequently used to prevent unauthorized Internet users from accessing private networks connected to Internet especially Intranets. All messages entering or leaving the Intranet pass through the firewall, which examines each message and blocks those that do not meet the specified security criteria. There are several types of firewall techniques:
1. Packet filter – Looks at each packet entering or leaving the network and accepts or rejects it based on user-defined rules. Packet filtering is fairly effective and transparent...