For each of the following food safety practices, share at least 2 statements from the interactive quiz. Be sure to put these statements in your own words and explain why they are helpful in preventing food borne illness. An example would be: When dining from a buffet, make sure hot food is hot and cold food is cold. Food that is 40 – 140 degrees Fahrenheit has already begun to grow bacteria and pathogens.
Clean (16 points):
1. Always wash your hans when preparing raw meats.
2. Never use the same cooking utensils on raw meats on cooked food
Separate (16 points):
1. Always seperate raw and cooked foods
2. Always seperate meats and vegtables
Cook (16 points):
1. It is better to use a thermometer to make sure food is completely cooked then eyeing it.
2.Bacteria is everywhere, so make sure your food is fully cooked
Chill (16 points):
1.When chilling foods it is best to keep your fridge at or below 40 degrees F2.You need a special ice pack to keep chilled food safe well outdoors
In your own kitchen, explain 2 food safety practices you feel your family can improve and 2 food safety practices you feel your family does well. (16 points)
1. We need to put our fridge at a lower temperture so bacteria does not infest. 2. Some of my family members need to think about washing there nasty hands.
In what ways do your school and community practice or promote food safety to contribute to your personal health? (20 points)