1. Introduction : http://www.scribd.com/doc/24650411/EXIM-Policy-Project 2. http://www.exim-policy.com/
For India to become a major player in world trade, an all encompassing,comprehensive view needs to be taken for the overall development of thecountry¶s foreign trade. While increase in exports is of vital importance, wehave also to facilitate those imports which are required to stimulate our economy. Coherence and consistency among trade and other economic policiesis important for maximizing the contribution of such policies to development.Thus, while incorporating the existing practice of enunciating an annual EximPolicy, it is necessary to go much beyond and take an integrated approach to thedevelopmental requirements of India¶s Foreign trade. The Government of India,Ministry of Commerce and Industry announces Export Import Policy after everyfive years. EXIM policy, in general, aims at developing export potential,improving export performance, encouraging foreign trade andcreating favorable balance of payments position. The current Exim Policycovers the period 2004-2009. The Export Import Policy (EXIM Policy) isupdated every year on the 31st of March and the modifications, improvementsand new schemes becomes effective from 1st April of every year.
2. General Objectives of Exim Policy :
1. To establish the framework for globalization.
2. To promote the productivity competitiveness of Indian Industry. 3. To Encourage the attainment of high and internationally accepted standards of quality. 4. To augment export by facilitating access to raw material, intermediate, components, consumables and capital goods from the international market. 5. To promote internationally competitive import substitution and self-reliance.
3. Objectives Of EXIM policy ( 2008 ± 2009) :
Trade is not an end in itself, but a means to economic growth and nationaldevelopment. The primary purpose is not...