Exercise 16 Questions to be graded
1. The researchers analyzed the data they collected as though it were at what level of measurement?- The correct answer is Interval/ratio. a. Nominal
2. What was the mean posttest empowerment score for the control group? - 97.12
3. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depression scores of the experimental group. Was this an expected Finding? Provide a rationale for your answer. The Experimental group’s mean depression baseline score(mean-14.00) was 0.64 points higher than its posttest mean score ( mean-13.36) because on the average the experimental group subjects scored higher on the baseline than after the end of the empowerment program. This was an expected finding because it was hypothesized that after the completion program, the experimental group’s depression will be lowered and they will be empowered to increase their self-efficacy skills. This finding indicates that the empowerment intervention helped to lower depression on ESRD patients.
4. Compare the mean baseline and posttest depression scores of the control group. Do these scores strengthen or weaken the validity of the research results? Provide a rationale for your answer. The Mean baseline score of the control group (mean-10.40) and the mean post test score of the control group (10.40) was the same; there was no difference between the two. This strengthened the validity of the research result because it was expected that the after the empowerment program, that depression will be lowered in ESRD patients. Rationale was that, there was an improvement shown in the depression means scores of the experimental group.
122 EXERCISE 16 • Mean and Standard Deviation
5. Which group’s test scores had the least amount of variability or dispersion? Provide a rationale for your answer. The posttest score of the empowerment for the experimental group with SD of 7.28. it is the least score which means it has the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document