Trends in technology
1. Differentiate between Black Hat and White Hat Hacking
Black Hat Hackers; groups of individuals that writes and deploys malware programs and or viruses for profit or for fun.
White hat hackers; these represent law cyber-crime police officers with the responsibility of eliminating or minimizing the activities of said Black Hat Hackers.
2. Explain carefully the differences between Phishing and Pharming as types of mobile malware innovations.
Phishing is an attempt to criminally and fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords and credit card details, by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication. Phishing is typically carried out by email or instant messaging, and often directs users to enter details at a website, although phone contact has also been used. Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to fool users.
Pharming is a Hacker's attack aiming to redirect a website's traffic to another, bogus website. Pharming can be conducted either by changing the hosts file on a victim's computer or by exploitation of a vulnerability in DNS server software. DNS servers are computers responsible for resolving Internet names into their real addresses - they are the "signposts" of the Internet. Compromised DNS servers are sometimes referred to as "poisoned".
3. How can you ensure confidentiality on a mobile device .
By encrypting data that you send and receive.
4. Explain how a mobile device service can provide shared access to its users by supporting a Chinese wall model of service versus a Clark Wilson model of service
5. The Hacking process involves, foot-printing, scanning and trace-routing. Briefly explain these processes.
This technique involves identifying the source of the computers and their I.P. Addresses for which the hacker would like to compromise....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document