DEVELOPING AND MAINTAING BUSINESS NETWORKS
BUSINESS NETWORKING is a socioeconomic activity by which groups of like-minded businesspeople recognize, create, or act upon business opportunities. A business network is a type of social network whose reason for existing is business activity. Business networking can be conducted in a local business community, or on a larger scale via the Internet, is an effective low-cost marketing method for developing sales opportunities and contacts, based on referrals and introductions- either face-to-face at meetings and gathering, or by other contact methods such as phone, email, and increasingly social and business networking websites.
Assessment activity 1
1. What networks do you or your organization currently belong to and how were there contacts developed? Currently I don’t belong to any particular associations but my company is a member of ex associations. My company has as objective to build up a strong networking group where 29% of customers come from. The company has got policies under the human resource department that all senior managers are to be sending for important conference and seminars. One of the main motives of the company to send a manager is to create more networks and get to more information.
Over of period of time some of the contacts that they were developed become our suppliers and some of the contacts become employees. Therefor our companies’ objective is to expend the business through networking
2. List the network strategies or channels the exist for you to develop new networks and contacts To develop new networks and contacts we can use many different network strategies as: * Participating in conference
* Attending seminars and business
* Becoming a member of a professional association
* Maintaining regular contact with people you meet professionally and personally * Distributing informationabout your organization that will be remembered by people who could recommend you to others
The organization American Chamber of Commerce in Australia (AmCham) is Australia's largest international Chamber of Commerce and premier international business organization.AmCham has 1,700 corporate members, and offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth and membership of AmCham provides access to a world-wide network.
The Chamber's objectives are:
* To provide information on trade and business activities to its members. * To interpret and present the point of view of Australian commercial interests to the American business public and to lend all practical assistance to Australian interests seeking to enter the United States market * To endorse the standing of its members in the local business and international communities. * To develop a broad range of community-oriented programs - directed toward students, labor unions, consumers and politicians - to encourage a better understanding of the role of business in a competitive market system, and to contribute in a positive way to the community at large.
The American Chamber of Commerce decided to make conference in Perth to promote Australia as country who is giving big career opportunity to young people, that isone of the most safety places in the world and also incredible beautiful place to visit and have wonderful holiday.The conference will talk about Australia as a highlydeveloped country,one of the wealthiest and the world's 12th-largest economy, the world's fifth-highest per capita income. The conference will be mention also about Australia's military expenditure which placed as the world's 13th-largest. That is the second-highest human development index globally,ranks highly in many international comparisons of national performance, such as quality of life, health, education, economic freedom, and the protection of civil liberties and political...