* JOB TITLE : Cabinet Secretary of India
* LOCATION : New Delhi
* JOB SUMMARY: The Cabinet Secretary is an ex-officio head of the Civil Services Board, the Cabinet Secretariat, the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and head of all civil services under the Government of India.
* DUTIES: The Cabinet Secretary, as the topmost civil servant, acts as a secretary to the Council of Ministers. He assists in coordinating major administrative activities and policies of the Govt. of India, in resolving difficulties or delays, which may arise in the administrative field whether between departments of Govt. of India or between the Govt. of India and State Govt. He keeps watch on the progress of important administrative measures of the Govt. of India, which affects more than one Department. He is also responsible for submitting to Cabinet and Cabinet Committees such matters as require their decision or direction thus functioning as secretary to the Council of Ministers.
* WORKING CONDITIONS: The working conditions require a lot of multi-tasking and numerous meetings with head of various government departments. He is assisted by a staff which advises and helps him to carry out his duties. The Cabinet Secretary directly reports to the Prime Minister of India. The tenure of the Secretary is for 2 years.
* HAZARDS: The Cabinet Secretary is involved in decision making and policy formation which affects the Indian public and influences the growth of the country. Thus, an inaccurate decision may result in disastrous consequences.
B.) JOB SPECIFICATION
* EDUCATION: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of Parliament.
* EXPERIENCE: The candidate should have served for at least 32 years in the Indian Administrative Services. In addition to this, the candidate should...