1) ____________ are internal states that focus on particular aspects of or objects in the environment.
2) Inventory shrinkages and accidents pertain to which component of direct costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
3) Which of the following is an example of an indirect cost associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
4) Distrust, disrespect, and animosity pertain to which component of indirect costs associated with mismanaged organizational stress?
5) Title VII is most relevant to the employment context because it __________on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin in all aspects of employment.
A. prevents layoffs
B. eliminates nepotism
C. prohibits discrimination
D. encourages advancement
6) Which of the following is NOT a major sub theory of discrimination within the disparate treatment theory?
A. Cases that rely on direct evidence
B. Cases that rely on circumstantial evidence
C. Mixed-motive cases
D. Cases that rely on a jury trial
7) Thousands of equal-pay suits have been filed, predominantly by ___________ since the Equal Pay Act of 1963 was passed.
A. Americans with disabilities
B. the elderly
C. African Americans
8) The Thirteenth Amendment
A. prohibits each government in the U.S. to stop a citizen from voting based on race B. prohibits the denial, termination, or suspension of government contracts C. prohibits slavery and involuntary servitude
D. guarantees equal protection of the law for all citizens
9) ____________ refers to actions taken to overcome the effects of past or present practices, policies, or other barriers to equal employment opportunity. A. ROWE
C. Affirmative action
D. Managing diversity
10) Which of the following would you associate with managing diversity? A. Quantitative
B. Internally focused
C. Government initiated
D. Assumes integration
11) _____________ is...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document