Indicate whether the statement is true or false.
1. The voltages in digital electronics are continuously variable. False 2. A digital system with 4 inputs can have any input combination represented by a hexadecimal numeral. True 3. Frequency is the number of times that a periodic waveform repeats per second. True 4. The period of a waveform can be found by 1/frequency. True 5. The falling edge of a signal is the transition from a HIGH to a LOW. True 6. The Fall Time of a signal is the time required to fall from the 95% point to the 5% point of the signal. False 7. The frequency of an a periodic waveform can be found by measuring a signal from one rising edge to the next rising edge. False (doubt! because of wording “an a periodic”, I’m assuming it to be aperiodic i.e not periodic) 8. A digital system with 2 inputs has 4 possible input combinations. True 9. We want the number of digital samples to be as large as possible to more accurately reproduce analog audio waveforms. True 10. The MSB is typically the rightmost bit in a binary number. False Numeric Response
1. What is the binary number which represents a decimal 4? Answer: 1002
2. If a digital system has 5 inputs, how many possible input combinations are there? Answer: 32
3. What is the decimal value of the hexadecimal number 777? Answer: 191110
4. What is the decimal value of the binary number 1001001001001? Answer: 468110
5. What is the binary value of the decimal number 2827?
6. What is the decimal value of the binary number 11011011011? Answer: 175510
7. What is the decimal value of the hexadecimal number 999? 245710
8. What is the hexadecimal value of the binary number 10110100101100000? Answer: 1696016
9. What is the binary value of the hexadecimal number 1011? 100000001000110
10. Write the sequence of 8 bit numbers from 10101010...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document