Diabetic

Topics: Blood sugar, Diabetes mellitus, Hyperglycemia Pages: 3 (935 words) Published: January 28, 2013
Diabetes
HCS245
December 1, 2011
Mark Bradbury

Diabetes
Patients with lower socioeconomic status often times never seek primary care until seen by an Emergency Room doctor. At that moment he or she is told to see a primary physician for a condition known as diabetes. Although some individual think if they ignore the fact that they have been diagnosed with diabetes it will simply go away. This is a common and immediately life-threatening issue seen in hospitals About Clinical Diabetes (McNaughton; Self, 2011). “Diabetes mellitus (DM) is a set of related diseases in which the body cannot regulate the amount of sugar (specifically, glucose) in the blood. The blood delivers glucose to supply the body with energy to perform daily activities. Today 90% of adult with diabetes are diagnose with type2 diabetes (Wheeler, 2011). The other 10% of Americans diagnosed with type1 diabetes. These finding are addressed during childhood or adolescence times.

Joslin Diabetes Center is one of the progressive research, education, and clinical care centers (n.d., 2006). It allows physicians and other health professionals’ continuing education on a daily. Reasons for type1or type2 diabetes are still unknown. Some studies say it may be hereditary and a personal lifestyle. However, obesity, inactivity lifestyle, some ethic group such as African American, American Indians, Hispanics, Latinos, Asia Americans, and Pacific Islanders runs a high risk of developing type2 diabetes (Ferry, 2011). Roughly 13,000 American children have type1diabetes every year. Type1diabetes produce small amount insulin, usually found in children. Even with Type1 diabetes, children can play physical sports alone with other children. These actives can help lower blood glucose levels, and helps the cells in he or she body to use the insulin. Type2 diabetes is more common found in adults. The cells chose to disregard the insulin in the...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Clinical Features and Diagnosis of Diabetic Ketoacidosis Essay
  • diabetic neuropathy Essay
  • diabetic ulcers Essay
  • Improtance of Lifestyle Management to Prevent Diabetic Retinopathy Essay
  • Essay on Pathophysiology Od Diabetic Foot
  • Beneficial Affects of Nursing and Diabetic Foot Essay
  • Essay about Diabetic Foot Ulcers In Depth Analysis & Forecast to 2017
  • Is Educational Fundamental to the Prevention of Diabetic Foot Ulcers Essay

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free