Outcome 1 Understand what is required for competence in own work role.
A.C 1 – Describe the duties and responsibilities of own work role.
Listed below are the duties and responsibilities of my work role
RESPONSIBILITIES - To create a safe, happy, positive, stimulating, Multicultural learning environment in which children can be cared for.
1. To work as an integral member of the team, creating a safe, constructive and stimulating environment for the children.
2. To meet the children’s individual needs, appropriate to their stage and level of development.
3. To be involved in the setting up and clearing away at the start and end of each session as required.
4. To be involved with the planning of activities.
5. To foster children’s growth of development and self reliance, and to be involved in children’s activities with a view to supporting and extending these activities appropriately.
6. To ensure that toys and equipment are maintained, clean and safe to play with or use.
7. To understand and comply with the Fire Drill Practise.
8. To attend and take part in staff and other relevant meetings.
9. To keep a daily register, first aid box and other relevant records as required.
10. To communicate with parents and carers in a positive, constructive manner.
11. To make time available on a regular basis to discuss the day to day running of the setting with other members of staff.
A.C 2 – Explain expectations about own work role as expressed in relevant standards
It is vital that, when planning sessions and activities that the various standards and policies are observed and followed. Surestart (employer) policies would include the Health and Safety regulations Policy (in compliance with Health and Safety Work Act 1974) as...