1 Understand the purpose of producing high quality and attractive documents in a business environment
1.1 Outline different types of documents that may be produced and the different styles that could be used
A document is information produced in either printed or electronic format and may be one of many types such as: -
• Letter - A formal form of communication and record consisting of a standard structured format and should include the senders details and address, the recipients address, the date written, any reference details e.g. order number etc finally ending with a signature.
• Email - These are replacing letters and faxes within the business environment and can be either formal or informal depending on the recipient and internal or external.
• Memo - A memo is a short formal message used within an organisation to pass on information.
• Fax - A fax is a paper document sent using a fax machine and telephone line, these have now mainly been replaced by Email but are still used by some businesses.
• Invoice - An invoice is a formal request for payment sent out by businesses to customers to confirm exactly how much to pay and when payment should be received.
• Purchase orders - A purchase order is a document produced by a person or company to buy items or services required by that person, department or company.
• Spreadsheet - A spreadsheet is usually a numerical document created on a computer used for calculating, sales, accounts creating graphs etc.
There are other forms of documents such as reports, leaflets, flyers, posters, presentations and brochures but at Thermaplate International Ltd the main forms of communication used are the list above.
1.2 Describe different formats in which text may be presented
The format of a document is dependant on the recipient and the purpose of the document. This consists of font, font size, font colour, italic,... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Cu685 Produce Documents in a Business Environment. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu685-Produce-Documents-In-a-Business-1371915.html
"Cu685 Produce Documents in a Business Environment" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu685-Produce-Documents-In-a-Business-1371915.html>.
- MLA 7
"Cu685 Produce Documents in a Business Environment." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu685-Produce-Documents-In-a-Business-1371915.html>.
"Cu685 Produce Documents in a Business Environment." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cu685-Produce-Documents-In-a-Business-1371915.html.