UNIVERSITI TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN
FHCT1012 Computing Technology
FOUNDATION IN ARTS (201301)
START DATE: Week 4 (4th February 2013)
DUE DATE: Week 11 (29th March 2013, Friday before 12 noon)
ASSESSMENT: The assignment constitutes 30% of the final grade
“Current / Future Technology – Product Promotion”
Group Assignment Guide:
VIDEO CLIP AND WEBPAGE DEVELOPMENT
FINAL REPORT SUBMISSION
This assignment is designed to enable students to understand the impact of the use of information technology on individuals, organizations, and society. In addition, students also learn about ethics, security and privacy, health issues, and environmental friendly issues in the use of information technology. The main applications of IT in the areas of data communication, computer networks, and multimedia are also studied to enhance the understanding of the basic concept of computer, communication technology and World Wide Web. Students also will be exposed to the basic concept of HTML and creation of webpage.
This is a group assignment; you are required to group yourself into groups of minimum SIX (6) or maximum EIGHT (8), within the same tutorial group.
1. You are required to create a 3 to 5 minutes video clip theme “Current / Future Technology – Product Promotion”. You are required to act out the advertisement in promoting a product with the feature of technology in it. However, your video must adhere to the specification requirements, failure to do so will lead to deduction of marks. 2. You are required to develop and produce ONE (1) webpage that contains the introduction, specifications, cost, advantages and other related information of the product. In addition, you are required to include at least one hyperlink that may link to another webpage/website and embed the video clip that you have created onto the webpage. You may use your own creativity to design your webpage. 3. You are required to fill in a group report using the report template provided and submit to the lecturer by the due date.
1. Proposal of assignment – Fill in an assignment proposal using the proposal template, fill in the video title, proposed story line of the video, tutorial group number, lecturer’s name, group name, group members name and student ID – to be submitted to your respective lecturer by WEEK 6, 22nd February 2013, Friday. (first come first serve, no repeated product promotion for different assignment group)
2. Final Submission – Assignment due date will be on WEEK 11, 29th March 2013, Friday (before 12 noon).
VIDEO CLIP AND WEBPAGE DEVELOPMENT
1. Minimum video clip allowed = 3 minutes.
2. Maximum video clip allowed = 5 minutes.
3. Number of webpage to be created is ONE (1) page only. It contains the introduction, specifications, cost, advantages and other related information of the product. 4. Your webpage should be included at least ONE (1) hyperlink that link to another webpage/website, e.g. linking to a facebook page, blogspot posts or any other related official product websites. 5. Your webpage should be embedded with the video clip advertisement that you have developed. 6. You may create your video clip and webpage as informative as possible according to your creativity by using the computing technology knowledge you have learnt through the whole trimester or any new skills shall do. 4.1
Video Clip Specifications Requirements
* Story line of the video must be related to “Current / Future Technology – Product Promotion”. * No extra marks will be given for more advance equipments such as advance video camera, sound receiver, special lighting equipments and etc. * Just a hand phone with video recording feature is use to video taking...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document