1. There are many similarities as well as differences between the elderly and young adults. The most common factor in both of these groups it seems is the overwhelming ability for being narrow-minded
2. Young adults as well as the elderly both think they know everything
A. If you listen to the elderly many do become wise but many others seem to get stuck in their past B. On the other hand young adults readily accept changes in their world C. Thanks to the Internet today’s younger generation knows quite bit more than their grandparents knew at the same age because of this
3. Another evident contrast between the elderly and the youth is their outlook on life.
A. Young adults are more optimistic about the future
B. The elderly tend to be more pessimistic
C. You will hear from the majority of young adults, I will be rich someday but an older adult will say, Money is not everything
4. Older people seem to get set in their ways and typically resist change.
A. The elderly get comfortable with a certain pattern in their lives and do not like this pattern disturbed B. My Grandparents have lived in their neighborhood for over forty years and refuse to even think about moving to a retirement community C. Young adults on the other hand are much more adaptable to change
5. What it all comes down to is time, experience and most of all the willingness of old and young alike to learn and share with each other. I know I can learn much from my elders, I hope they see that they can learn much from me
Comparing and Contrasting the Old and Young
There are many similarities as well as differences between the elderly and young adults. Older people seem to be more set in their ways. They also seem to know much more in general about most everything. Young adults, on the other hand seem to have a much broader outlook on life. The most common...