29 October 2012
OUTLINE FOR CAUSE AND EFFECT ESSAY
Thesis Statement: Smoking a lot causes some effects like lung and mouth cancer, ulcers and also
the passive smokers can be damaged by people who smoke.
II. Body (Supporting Paragraphs)
A. Main Point (Topic Sentence): Cigarettes smoking increases your risk of lung and mouth cancer.
1. Supporting detail: lungs lose capacity to expand properly
2. Supporting detail: toxins inside cancer mess with your mouth
3. Supporting detail: lung and mouth cancer can lead to death
B. Main Point (Topic Sentence): Cigarette smoking can give you mouth ulcers.
1. Supporting detail: toxins inside the cigarette burn holes in your mouth
2. Supporting detail: mouth ulcers are hard to get rid of and harm the body
3. Supporting detail: ulcers mess up your vocal cords so it is difficult to speak
C. Main Point (Topic Sentence): Not only will cigarette smoking affect you, but it will affect the people around you.
1. Supporting detail: people around you can inhale some of the bad second-hand smoke
2. Supporting detail: your bad health will put your family in a worse position
3. Supporting detail: your bad health will deteriorate your family income with all of the medical bills
Do you smoke? If you do, it is really important to know some things about the damage done in your body by smoking. In our days is very common to see people smoking and sometimes under age people. Smoking a lot causes some effects like lung and mouth cancer, ulcers and also the passive smokers can be damaged by people who smoke.
One of the effects is lung cancer and also mouth cancer. Those kinds of illnesses are very pitiful. Cancer is considered like a slow death. The lung cancer is the effect of smoking, is when you lose the capacity to breathe right. The...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document